I’ve been eyeing this pattern on the various online fabric sites I’ve recently discovered. It was a little bit pricey in one store but on all the others it was sold out so I finally relented and bought it.
It was more complicated than it looked because the instructions expect you to also sew a muslin lining into the top. In a Queensland summer I just don’t think that is going to happen. So I ignored all those instructions which meant I somehow got to the end and the armholes were supposed to finished but weren’t. So I improvised with the old faithful bias binding solution and it worked pretty well. It’s possible to cut it as a top, long tunic or dress. I went for basic length, decided I didn’t need the belt or the flower. Here is the result. I had found this patchwork material for 6 dollars a metre in spotlight during the week so I wasn’t too worried that this is the “test” version.1 Comment »