I have had a lazy weekend and it’s been blissful. I did achieve some things.
- I did the washing and folding and putting away. This is nothing short of miraculous. Usually I manage the washing and then the clean clothes pile up for about a month in the washing basket. This is then followed by a marathon folding and putting away session. I’m trying to break this habit and become more like a domestic goddess who does her chores like a normal person.
- I got my hair cut. This was a vast relief. I am in the process of growing out my short pixie cut into a bob. We’re not there yet and I have had many days of frustration with yucky hair featuring cowlicks. I gave my excellent Glaswegian stylist instructions to ignore my if I ever ask him to cut it short short. I can’t go through this again. Then we had a lovely chat about glass art.
- I bought groceries.
- I practised the violin for an hour each day of the weekend. Nothing like an upcoming exam to motivate the old practising routine.
- I had a lovely nap on Saturday afternoon.
- I watched Rockwiz. Verdict: Excellent.
- I finished the latest season of Veep. Verdict: Excellent.
- I watched three episodes of Nashville y’all. Verdict: Country music soap opera. Great.
- I watched The Theory of Everything. Verdict: Disappointingly slow, tedious and a little bit boring. For tortured geniuses see The Imitation Game which I liked a lot.
- I wrote two blog posts.
What a treat to have such a lovely weekend.2 Comments »